Slider

5/03/2012

174. One more year



This is it, guys: my final piece for my figurative painting class. The piece that marks the end of my third year at university. For this piece, I totally went with my gut, and my gut told me to paint two portraits of renowned fashion blogger Rumi Neely, a.k.a. fashiontoast. I only recently discovered her blog after seeing her name floating somewhere around the vast place that is the internet, and the way she poses for the camera with her eyes so effortlessly and demurely averted pretty much screamed 'paint me'.

Oil on canvas (24x30), 2012.

(I'm sorry for the reflection on the second photo; it could not be helped. I tried. Four times.)

And here are a few photos from our final critique session:









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...