Slider

8/07/2010

73. Graphika Manila 2010


Today I attended this year's Graphika Manila Design Conference, and the only thing I can say is that, I can't believe I've never heard of it before this year! In 2009 they had ILM give a talk, and Pixar the year before that. I have seriously missed out, and for that I can't help but feel a little saddened.

Nevertheless! Today was a lot of fun, and the speakers provided more than enough inspiration for the 2,000 or so people in the audience.


I've been a fan of Tara McPherson for a while now, and seeing her speak today - I must say, she's one of the most chill people I've ever come across. It was interesting to hear about the themes that run through her body of work (love and relationships, mostly), and how she's managed to carve herself little niches across a wide variety of illustration work. Knowing about the process and the handiwork that goes behind each piece was fascinating, as well. I absolutely ADORE her colour palettes! It's a shame I wasn't able to attend the party thrown for her tonight.




Danny Yount. One word; wow. He's probably my new idol. When I saw his name on the poster of Graphika Manila, I'd never heard of him, but now that I've heard him speak and basked in the presence of his work, I could not help but be blown away completely. I went away from his talk with a newfound appreciation (love, even) for motion graphics - and it was great to finally know who was behind the fantastic holograms from Iron Man that I've always admired and gawked at!

I cannot wait for next year's conference; I can only hope they will schedule it a tad earlier so I can fit it in before I take my leave for university.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...